Anyone who has spent any time in a fitness club has probably encountered THAT person. You know, the one who forgets to wipe down the machine or who insists on talking to you while you're in the zone on the treadmill. While those are obvious "sins," what other gym club etiquette mistakes might you be making? Read on to find out.
- Wear deodorant, dude.
- Keep your germs at home.
- Learn how to read other people's cues.
- Mind the time.
- Pick up after yourself.
- Pay attention to your gym's unique vibe.
- The locker room is not your day spa.
- Remember, it's the gym—not your office.
- Be honest about your fitness level.
When you're working with a personal trainer or you're new to a group class, be honest about your fitness level, including injuries or anything your trainer/instructor should know. Their job is to train/teach you safely, but they need you to meet them halfway.
- Be considerate of others.
What other important gym club etiquette can you think of? Share in the comments!